- I’ve moved around more times than I can keep track of
- yet my deepest longing is to feel rooted and at home.
- I love the idea of traveling
- but doing it is exhausting for me;
- I’m highly introverted and rather
- weight: down another pound + a half. slow and steady will win this race!
- i lasted three days on the caffeine detox before i caved and made myself a cup of bustelo. surprisingly, the detox wasn’t as bad as i expected. i only had a few minor headaches, and wasn’t all that cranky. going to try and limit myself to a cup a day from now on.
- still trying to cut out
okay, y’all; you know how this works. but first – some updates!
- i’ve lost five pounds. which someone told me is the weight-equivalent of a chihuahua. …so, i’ve lost a chihuahua. not bad.
- i also spent yesterday in NYC and carbo-loaded in little italy. so it’s entirely possible those five pounds will come back to haunt me. but i don’t regret any of it. (well, maybe that last slice of pizza…)
- still running. up to
sorry i haven’t posted any friday faves for the last few weeks, but things have been kind of busy, what with me traveling halfway across the world and all. (smiley-face emoticon goes here.) but i’m back + better than ever, so let’s get this party started!
i am so excited about this week’s faves! lots of awesome things that i can’t wait to share with you. so let’s just get right to it, shall we?
favorite blog post: this week, i discovered one of my new favorite bloggers, Cassi Clerget. seriously:: this girl is the real deal. check out one of her newer posts, Scars are sexy. it made me laugh and cry–and then share it with pretty much … Read the rest
IT’S MY BIRTHDAY, Y’ALL. so to celebrate, i thought it would be fun to share a few “life lessons” that i’ve picked up along the way. ready? let’s go!
one: age ain’t nothin’ but a number.
it’s cheesy, and disgustingly cliche–but it’s true. your attitude and approach to life do wonders for making you feel younger (or older) than you are.
two: loving yourself for who you are is the single best decision you will … Read the rest
happy Friday, friends! i haven’t been this excited about Friday since…well, last Friday! here’s the list of my favoritest things from the week::
favorite blog post: In which we get this part of the Incarnation by the superbly talented Sarah Bessey.
May we recognise the miracle of the Incarnation, not in spite of the mess, but because of the very humanness of it.
favorite tweet: by @donaldmiller
Only speak that which makes the world a … Read the rest
on a scale of 1 to rebecca black, how much do you just love Fridays?! they’re instant mood-boosters, for one. (seriously. if you are not happy on Friday, then you just have no soul.)
all kidding aside, Fridays are fun. which is exactly why i chose them to host my just-for-fun, lighthearted ongoing series: Friday Favorites! so let’s get started, shall we?
hello, all! i hope you guys had a fantabulous Thanksgiving; i know i did! thanks for bearing with me when i cancelled last week’s Friday favorites. here’s the list of all the things that made my heart smile this week.
favorite blog post: Sisters, Speak, the incredible Rachel Held Evans’ reply when asked by a reporter what one thing she would say to the women of the Church.
“Sisters, speak. Speak with valor. Speak … Read the rest
my sincerest apologies, but this week’s friday favorites has been cancelled due to the fact that i am out of town on a much-needed spiritual retreat and time of renewal. new posts will be up next week, however, so check back then. thanks so much for your understanding. xo… Read the rest